I've been feeling much more motivated lately - not that that has necessarily helped me out as far as this blog is concerned because first I was motivated to mow the lawn (which I'm fairly certain was a not very well thought plan to avoid the dishes - in the end I still had to do dishes but was sore and tired from mowing the lawn...) after I mowed the lawn I had to spend two days recovering. Then it was off to take care of the dishes I had been avoiding (of course I had been working on them during my two day break but I actually finished them this time). Having finished all of the dishes I thought it would be a wonderful idea to really clean my counters...which are right next to the stove. So the stove got a royal cleaning as well. For that reason I only have one temperature knob on my stove as the rest are still soaking a in a soap and water filled bowl. What with the counters all clean and the stove practically sparkling (albeit sans temperature knobs) the kitchen floor just had to be taken care of. This quite naturally entailed more than one would suspect because I have my own unique way of doing...well just about everything. This time it involved completely clearing and scrubbing the extra table I had set up in the kitchen (sort of a mock counter because I love extra counterspace) which had been both a frequent dining ground for the girls and a favorite catch-all spot for all manner of items. (And I do mean all manner of items.) With extra table scrubbed and stowed away I commenced onto the cleaning of the kitchen floor. It looked absolutely lovely. For the rest of the day. I woke up to see that the dog had peed on it in the middle of the night. (Totally not necessary as I went to bed late and Mycal let her out pretty early. Sometimes that animal knows just how to drive me crazy.) I am peace with this though for many reasons but especially because it just doesn't take all that long for just about every dish we own to get used. So today instead of tackling the dishes (again...) I decided to mow the back yard (yet again employing the same sad dodge that I tried last week on the dishes...it still didn't work - the dishes await my attention). But I refuse to fall prey to another whirlwind week of not blogging. See last week while trying to recover from mowing the lawn (okay I know you all think I'm really weak right now but imagine a lawn with decently rolling hills and grass that hasn't been cut in 3 weeks - it was pretty rough work) I started a great blog post. I got half the pictures up and then was interrupted by something and haven't finished it yet. But not this week. I'm too motivated. I'm motivated because my sister has been putting some incredible posts up on her blog. (I love reading other peoples' blogs - probably because it gets me all motivated about doing my own.) I'm motivated because while (finally) sharing some pictures with another sister I was reminded how many great stories I have to write and pictures I need to share. I'm motivated because my mother-in-law is back to blogging and commenting. I'm motivated because my sister-in-law just started a new blog and has already logged four entries. (Have I mentioned how much I love reading other peoples' blogs?) I'm motivated because I've had a lot of paradigm shifts lately. I'm motivated because of the wonderful comments left on my lack of motivation post. (I'm sadly not motivated enough right now to link back to either it or my post on how much comments make me happy...but that's just because I want to make sure this gets published before I fall asleep) Seriously comments are like nectar to me. They let me know that people read this and enjoy it. They let me know that even though I don't get to live close to most of you right now we are still connected and a part of each others lives. I know in the future this blog will be valuable for all the stories and events I've manage to record here. For the little stories the kids will love reading about. But for right now it's valuable to me because it's the best way I have to share what's going on in our life with those who care. And comments are how I know people have had a chance to 'catch up' with me. Lame I know but totally true. I love comments. They make me happy.
Long story short: I'm motivated. And I still have dirty dishes. I have a ton of things I want to post. And I have a mountain of laundry to fold. But I'm really motivated. So I'm pretty sure I can make this work.
4 comments:
Wow! Now I'm super motivated too! The problem is that there's not a whole lot for me to motivated about (I refuse to be motivated about work) but now I feel motivated enough to post the blog that's been waiting since Sunday afternoon. And the blog about my car! And motivated to comment on yours (but I'm always motivated to do that!) Love you!
Steph, I slightly know how you feel. Like our lives are just a revolving door of dishes, laundry, feeding the baby, changing the baby, dishes...sigh. Thanks for your motivating blog!
Let the circle go unbroken!. Your posts motivate people and you are motivated by comments and other's posts. I am amazed that you are mowing the lawn. I have seen said lawn and I would find it a daunting task. Actually, I think you have AT LEAST ONE up on me. I don't think I have ever mowed a lawn. I can see that my education is lacking : (
I can not believe that it is already Dec 10! What happened to the last 3 months. It seems like I just blogged but there is no update on my own blog. Just realized I keep bloggin on the business blogs and I need to find a way to simplify. I haven't had a chance to read what other people are writing. Well it is so much fun to read your blog posts! I totally understand trying to dodge one job for another. Sometimes I smile when I realize that I might have actually made life more complicated by trying to avoid what needed to be done for what I would rather do. And I am just talking about jobs. :) Keep up the great work. Love the motivation while it lasts!
Post a Comment