Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Pink Burst

I don't know if I can adequately do justice to how much this girl LOVES her pink. This outfit is just one of three different head to toe pink ensembles she picked out for herself in a six day period. (she only has three pairs of pink pants the rest being boring denim or khaki otherwise I'm sure she would have scraped out a few more...) She just can't get enough of it. Under the sweater she is of course wearing a pink shirt and she has the perfect pink accessory in her back pack. I don't know what this girl would have done had white never been mixed with red. An indication of how deep this love runs can be seen in the following interview I did with her back in March (I don't think she'd change many answers...)
Favorite Color: Pink (obviously...)
Favorite Shape: Square (okay I don't know where this one comes from...)
Favorite Animal: Pig (because they are...pink)
Favorite Movie: Charlotte's Web (featuring a pink pig)
Favorite Toy: Her stuffed pigs Pinky and Stinky (and now Oinky the newest in the collection)
Favorite Thing to do: Play on Slides (I'll have to double check but this might have been replaced by making cards with 'sprinkles' that is to say embossing powder. She's pretty fair in this area though picking out any color that has sparkles...)
Favorite Beverage: 'Pink' (strawberry) Milk
Favorite Food: Noodles (unfortunately for her the cup-o-noodles that are packaged in pink writing are shrimp so she hasn't managed to talk me into buying that pink food item...yet...)
There you have it - my pink girl. Liberty on the other hand has decided that her favorite color is whatever isn't pink. I don't think this has anything to do with an aversion to the color as she will happily pick out pink clothes to wear, I just think she has gotten used to getting whatever wasn't pink (if I pull out two bowls a pink and an orange than Emmuska gets the pink and Liberty gets the orange...Emmuska has a pink plate and Liberty has a green plate...) and she has begun to make her decisions accordingly. It doesn't seem to have done any real damage as she still has a very solid opinion about what she wants and will let me know if I've done it wrong (just you try to give her pink milk instead of chocolate...)
And since I used these shots to illustrate one of Emmuska's pink outfits I have to tell you how funny it was when she fell asleep at her art desk. I was laughing so hard because first of all she dropped in the middle of talking to me - which does happen occasionally but still makes me laugh. Second because the desk angles down slightly so the pull of gravity combined with a slick hardwood floor was causing her stool to push out away from the desk so she was constantly getting further away from her sleeping surface - which made for some great moments as she tried to catch a few z's without finding herself face first on the floor. (Being a good mommy after I had my fill of pictures I picked her up and carried her to her bed where she was able to nap comfortably.)

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Ah, I wish I could see her! This cracks me up! Happy pregnancy Steph!

Anonymous said...

Your girls are indeed total crack-ups!! I'm interested to see how her fashion sense turns out as she grows up!

SuZan said...

I have been here ten days and can testify to the addiction to pink. However, I am happy to report that Diego glasses (blue) won out over Dora glasses (pink). I think it was just a fluke but maybe there is hope.