Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Arranging Flowers

It's a little heart-warming to realize just how much my girls love to do the things I'm interested in. (Okay it's heart-warming when it's not completely frustrating because they are getting into my supplies or severely slowing me down...)
For Samuel's birth everybody at Mycal's work pitched in to get me some flowers, a very lovely gesture I thought. They got me a few bunches of loose flowers which I took and played with a little as I put them in the vase. I love playing with flowers (fake or real) so it really was quite nice.
Of course the girls wanted to help me too so I divvied up the flowers and we all set to work. Emmuska was very methodical about each flower she placed in her arrangement, making sure they looked just right and if a flower just didn't live up to the aesthetic requirements she readily handed it over to Liberty requesting a better one from me. As you can see by the picture above Liberty went with the 'flower petal soup' look for her arrangement. She carefully (okay probably not all that carefully...) pulled the flowers apart then dumped them in the water. What can I say - we all have our own vision.

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

We like it! We love it! We want some more of it!

That was so sweet of them to get you flowers! Now you have something to look at and something to arrange! And it is absolutely adorable that the girls wanted to help. It cracks me up because the two different arrangements so clearly show the two different personalities. Love it!

Steph! STEPH!! The word is 'matingb' Look! Even blogger wants me to get married!!!

Kay said...

Your first paragraph made me laugh because it put into words so succintly the way most Mom's feel when their children "share" their hobbies.

Loved the picture & the end. It said it all.

Anonymous said...

Loved it! I'd say that Liberty's style is very 'modernistic'. You just never know with that type; Picasso made LOTS of money!
Fun fun!

Penny said...

Loved it to the point of chuckling out loud! Really Steph, you do have such a way with words! ;)
mom

Penny said...

P.S. Love your new banner too. I was beginning to wonder when (and what) you'd change it!
Love mom (again)

SuZan said...

Yum! Yum! Flower petal soup! I hope you save me some. I would NEVER have thougth of sharing my flowers. What a great idea.