Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Camera Phone Part 2 - Clever Product Use

One of the things I loved about having my camera phone was being able to take pictures of ideas, items or store displays that I thought were fun without looking like a complete dork. I mean I'm sure I looked like a dork standing there with my phone buy I could almost pull it off like I was reading a text right? Anyhow here were a few of the things my phone and came across that we thought were fun.
'Cause who can pass up a giant teacup with tulips? The moment I saw this I wanted to somehow use it in my craft room as an organizational tool...alas I couldn't think of how and at the time I saw it we were living in a tiny one bedroom apartment so I didn't really have a craft room. ('And I don't really need a duck...' yeah it was one of those moments...) Long story short I never got it and even if I had I'm still not sure what I would have done with it. But I still think it would have been fun.
This little idea was in a catalog that I was skimming while getting the tires changed (so funny that I remember exactly where I was reading it but forget things like taking dinner out of the oven or putting soap in the washing machine - my brain functions like no one else I've ever met...) and it looked like a fun festive thing to do with the girls. I still haven't but I've thought about it a lot.

The commissary always has these awesome soda box murals set up above where one would get a cart. They've done things for movie releases, local sports teams, major sporting events and of course holidays. I'm always impressed by the marketing people behind these things.
This also caught my attention. It's not that I'm really that into football but I thought the idea was clever.
Bonnie this is for you. Close to your 18th birthday I was looking around for a great present for you and I cam across this purse which I thought would be absolutely perfect...until I picked it up and looked at the price tag at which point I had to put it back. But then I thought if I took a picture I could send that to you instead and you know that at least I was thinking about you (only we both know how good I am on follow through when it comes to that...but that's a different story ;) Anyhow - Happy Birthday!
I have also taken pictures of many book or movie titles so I would be able to remember what I was looking for either online or at the library as well as taking pictures of crafty/marketing ideas I thought would be fun to try out.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

First of all I would like to say that I'm extremely flattered that I'm actually addressed, like in first person, in your blog! I feel so special! And yeah, that is a pretty awesome bag- I totally would have loved it! So now you know that your taste definitely is not astray :D

I LOVED those soda murals! That is clever and obviously takes some time and effort...hmmm, I wonder how one could get a job as a soda muralist putter upper....

Anonymous said...

I am with you on using the camera phone to capture an idea you thought you could work with...I do that with mine ALL THE TIME for jewelry items, or in Michaels, etc. It has saved me many times...in addition to that, I use the 'notepad' feature to capture cute quotes for the same reasons. Couldn't live without that thing!

SuZan said...

I too love my camera phone. However, I guess I need to look at the world differently because I have yet to find such exciting things to take pictures of, especially the soda can displays. Now that is real creativity.