Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Camera Phone Part 4 - In the Moment

One of my greatest wishes in life would be to have a camera behind my eyes so that when I did my special blink the image would be saved and I could download it to the computer later. (This and having little flashlights in my fingertips so that I could just 'snap on' a quick light whenever I need it but that's another story.) My camera phone was about the closest to this wish I'll get in this life and that was probably the thing about it I liked most because then those moments when the few seconds it would take to grab my camera would have been the difference between getting the shot and losing it.
 I've noticed that a lot of these shots involve Samuel...it's because babies move so much and don't really care whether or not you capture their antics on camera (slightly inconsiderate if you ask me ;)
 This also seems to be true for dogs too...The above shot is one of my favorites. I was making dinner and turned around to see both of them staring at me like this. Boys and dogs - they will be where ever the food is to be found.
 And then there was the time Samuel's little play mat went all Venus Fly Trap on him. I walked around the corner and there where his legs just hanging out there. I laughed, took a picture then peeled back the play thing to see his slightly bewildered expression. (Once again wish I had camera in the eyes so I could have showed you that picture. *sigh*)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strange...I don't think I have ever expressly spoken with you about it before, but I have long had that exact same wish, phrased the exact same way! (As I do not yet have the joy of motherhood and great child moments) my wish usually arises from beautiful moments in nature; usually from early morning on campus or some such thing. So, I completely agree; and also agree that a camera phone is the closest we get! Huzzah for the camera phone once again!!

SuZan said...

I think another invention would be an invisible screen in front of your eyes which reminds you what you went downstairs to get or why you are standing in the middle of the kitchen.

Now that you have a new camera phone, I am looking forward to seeing some new pictures.

Bonnie said...

Tell me about it! They do the most adorable and/or hilarious thing and then by the time you get the camera out, on, and turned in the right direction it's gone. This happened to me SO many times today! (Sam in the mud? Definitely wish I had an eye camera for that!)