My deepest apologies for the long absence. It's not that I've forgotten how to long into blogger or decided that blogging just isn't for me it's just been insanely busy the last few months (year(s)...) Aside from trying to pull my life back in order from a very busy summer and having to deal with a few home malfunctions I suddenly found myself in the midst of a couple of large and unexpected projects. (I take full credit for one of them but the other I'm blaming Mycal for entirely...) We also enjoyed a family trip back to Utah but nothing make time disappear faster than a vacation so alas my poor blog has been neglected. However in a valiant effort to break that streak I thought I'd at the very least post one picture tonight.
Perhaps a little explanation is in order. My phone died. More accurately Sam-Attack got the better of it. In any case it's ability to make and receive calls is no more and almost as sadly as that is the fact that it is also no longer able to take pictures.
The camera on my phone was an invaluable resource always handy to take those pictures that would have been lost without it. At first I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to get some of my pictures off of my phone but yesterday when I experimentally plugged it into my computer I was blessed with a file chock full of pictures that lit up my day with fond memories.
So in honor of my valiant phone that survived the drool of not one but two children, many drops, a few encounters with unknown elements and many other perilous hazards in order to always be at the ready when I needed to make an imperative call (some days just hearing an adult voice can be a true sanity saver) or take a random picture I wanted to post some of my favorite pictures taken on my phone over the next couple days.
Some of these pictures will need no explanations:
And some of them might: Some where the only way I could capture milestones:
Or remember information I knew I would need later:
The thing about each image I will post is that each one makes me smile every time I see it and the only reason I have it is because of my camera phone.
3 comments:
I am so sad that your camera phone has gone the way of all the earth. I am SO HAPPY that you were able to rescue such wonderful pictures. Yes! Some of them do need an explanation. For example, what exactly is Mycal doing???
Bless camera phones that is what I say! A genius idea and SUCH a life saver when you have and/or are around little kids! I LOVED some of these pics and reading your blog has inspired me! I promise I will post tomorrow!
LOVE this post! So fun to see some of the 'in the moment' memories you have captures, kept, and shared! Thanks!
Post a Comment