Pages

Friday, November 14, 2008

I have a question for you...

So started the conversation with Emmuska as we drove to the grocery store.
'I have a question for you Mom. Once upon a time there was a Grandpa boy, and I love going to Grandpa and Grandma's house but not right now because it too dark outside but later I will ask to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house. The end. I love good questions.'
Yes I agreed I love good questions too but usually you use questions when you want somebody to say something back like 'What is your favorite color?' (quickly answered 'Pink!') and stories are when you want to tell somebody something and they don't need to say anything. So then she told me that she had a story for me and proceeded to tell me a slightly familiar but still enjoyable tale.
I never expected her to pick up the concept that quickly - especially since I didn't explain as well as other concepts that are still eluding her. Children are amazing.

No comments: