Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Turkey Shoot

Today the ROTC held it's annual Turkey Shoot. It's a fundraiser for troops stationed overseas for the holidays - specifically Thanksgiving. The proceeds go to help pay for food whatnot to make their holidays seem a little less far away from home. Not only was it a great cause but it was tons of fun. Basically you pay a couple dollars for the chance to shoot a pellet gun at a target. The person with the best score in the round gets a gift certificate for a turkey (donated by local grocers). Now I'm not claiming to be a sharp shooter but all of my shots did end up inside the target circle which for round one made me the winner. Yay! It's always exciting to win something - even more so when it's based (even ever so slightly) on merit. Unfortunately for me my second round included many good shots so I didn't win that one but still it was a lot of fun. Speaking of doing a good deed for our troops overseas here is something I ran across that I want to get more involved in - it looks like a much appreciated effort, if your interested check it out. It's called 'Cards for Heros' http://www.cardsforheroes.org/

No comments: