Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Green Grass and Robin Redbreast

Yay for beautiful days! It was unbelievably beautiful yesterday - a glorious 65 and sunny, if a bit windy. The girls and I had a great time going for a walk and spending time outside. It is so nice to be able to enjoy the outdoors again. (Without all the extra wear that is...) Whilst outside we spied two robins - I was so excited. Usually because if it's not gloriously warm I won't really stay outside long enough to see the first robin of the year - but this year I was and I did. It just seemed like a really good omen to me. In fact it made me so happy that I decided I could pitch into the effort of making the world more ready for spring. So I grabbed a rake and started raking the yard. I love how raking seems to magically make green grass appear. It's like magic - where everything is dull and brown before there suddenly springs up little shoots of green. Of course the green is always there it's just hidden under the layers left on it by winter but still it's one of my favorite things to do in beautiful weather - bring out the green!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spring has certainly peeked out from under the white stuff. I actually walked barefoot outside. It was an incredibly satisfying feeling. Green is a glorious color. It certainly lifts my spirt and heals my soul.