There are so many things I love about Christmas but this year everything has been rushing by so fast that I haven't had a chance to really enjoy some of the happiest parts of this season so I thought I would sit down and write about some of my favorite things about this time of year. Hope this helps spark some memories and get you in the seasonal mood too.
Part one of this is about my favorite Christmas sights. If somebody where to ask me this question out of the blue without hesitation I would answer that I have two. First are the lights - especially on Christmas trees.

For me lights twinkling on green branches immediately invokes Christmas. It's always been one of my favorite parts of the season - just staring at the tree all lit up in the mostly dark room.

There have been many nights throughout the Decembers in my life where I have fallen asleep on the couch because I was mesmerized by the tree lights. And every year after stringing lights onto the tree - spending hours to make sure they cover it just right, leaving no dark spots or overly bright clusters, the moment I stand back and actually look at the whole thing my heart opens up. I remember many happy memories from Christmases past including nights spent staring at lights just like these and am filled with the excitement for the potential that this season has. I think more than anything else lights on my indoor evergreen are the start of Christmas for me.
1 comment:
I did that this year! Yesterday I finally got around to putting up the Christmas tree and stringing the lights- all by myself! I would put them on the tree, step back and squint at it with a critical eye, make some minor adjustment here or there and then look again. It was SO fun! And the tree looked SO SO great when I turned all the lights on! And then, last night I fell asleep on the rocking chair staring at the tree
Post a Comment