Speaking of nature (as I did my last post on Emmuska and the turtle) I just had to share these crazy pictures of the thing in our front yard trees:
Ten months of the year the tree has these big brown shell looking things that just sit there looking not all that special at all but when when our spring rains hit...
Suddenly they grow tentacles and look like something that belongs at the bottom of the ocean...it's like having sea anemone in our front yard.
It's really odd and a little disconcerting to walk by (yes...suddenly my path is a little more curved away from the tree...) and then suddenly all the orange tentacles dry up and disappear and if it weren't for the pictures taken I begin to wonder if I hadn't just dreamt the whole thing up.
4 comments:
That is so creepy and weird looking!!! It's like how when we'd clean out the very back of the fridge and find those weird science projects in the making- but this is 'natural' HOW odd! Do you know what plant it is?
Any post that can include the word 'anemone' and spelled right, is AWEsome, in my book! ;)
OH! you really should find out what it is? Did you touch it? Is it slimy?
That is REALLY weird! What kind of a tree is it?
Post a Comment