Some of you may remember that I discovered a worthwhile tradition last year in the form of Ice Cream Sandwich Day (you can head over to the blog post about it here). It was such a hit that I got really excited about doing it again this year - so I had the ice cream sandwiches already in my freezer and strictly forbade anyone from getting close to them until the appropriate date finally arrived, which if finally did. I was so excited about taking pictures of the fun we would be having that I didn't properly check my camera settings and ended up with a bunch of pictures that looked like this:
Definitely not as lovely as the pictures I captured last year. *Sigh* There was also the fact that the girls just weren't as excited about the ice cream sandwiches this year.
Thankfully I did manage to change my settings as still capture a picture or two of the girls enjoying their sandwiches.
While I didn't get the fabulous pictures of the rapt enjoyment over this little holiday that I had been hoping for I did manage to take a picture that I absolutely love. Of course my favorite picture for the evening wasn't one of the kids or anything I would have expected it to be but rather the one of this dismissed (rapidly melting) frozen dessert. Just goes to show that you never know how things are going to turn out and while something may seem like a complete bust you usually walk away with something - you just might have to change your perspective a bit.
2 comments:
Haha, and only 4 months late :D Better late than never right? That's what we always say! Ice Cream Sandwich Day looks like a blast! I can't wait to start celebrating that in my life!
I do love that picture; I'll bet if you cropped a little to get a little closer to that, it could become world-famous; because, lets face it, who doesn't love an ice cream sandwich, and wouldn't equally enjoy a picture of one? ;)
Really though, isn't it interesting what perspective will do to you?
Post a Comment