Praises be sung! Blogger is letting me upload photos tonight which means for your viewing pleasure we have pictures of Liberty's third birthday. It was a pretty exciting day for her. She and Emmuska played nicely pretty much all day (a miracle around here - they usually have some sort of falling out at least once a day...). We all went out in the afternoon to pick up some wrapping paper - where I gave each of the girls a few dollars each so they could buy each other presents. They had so much fun picking things out for each other (or rather for themselves then showing each other what they picked out at which time the other would decide the chosen item would be the one they purchased). We made pizza for dinner and chocolate cupcakes for dessert which we were able to share with Liberty's best friend Abby - something she may have been more excited about than anything else that day...she really loves spending time with Abby.
Three candles in her princess cupcake (decorated with a dress-up ring to make it princess-y). It's hard to believe she's already three!
She really got into blowing out the candles on her cupcake this year.
Of course it may have taken a few tries but there where a lot of candles! ;) I love how her arms got in on the action to help give her the bodily momentum to finally vanquish those flames. (Actually I love just about everything about this picture from the smoke rising off the candle to her puffed out cheeks and closed eyes - it just has so much fun and happiness captured in it that it makes me smile every time I look at it.)
Finally present time!
You can't see it here but this box housed a doll from her Grandma and Grandpa - the second she got it out of the box she named it Dora and it has been pretty much everywhere Liberty has since she got it. She absolutely loves her 'Dora Baby'.
Which makes this stroller she also got very handy.
That is until Samuel notices it has wheels and is meant to be pushed around at which point he's convinced that it's really supposed to be his and a territory battle ensues. Fortunately generally fights over the stroller are dwindling.
Emmuska modeling her present from Liberty - dress up shoes. Emmuska loves princess dress up stuff so she was very excited about these shoes.
I was really excited about how well the day turned out. Liberty had a great day and loved everything she got - there weren't any meltdown and I managed to make pizza and cupcakes. That's what I call a fabulous day.
2 comments:
It sounds like a pretty fabulous day! And now I know the origin of 'the shoes' the shoes that EVERYONE wears :D And the shoes that clack...alot... It looks like it was a completely fun day! Kudo's to the mom!
It was fun to hear about it, as well as to see the pictures. I am glad that it all went off so well (for the most part; aside from the stroller). Your kids are so much fun to read about. And hear about. And be with. And listen to personally. Funny, funny, funny...
Post a Comment