I know this is terribly late (much like my ice cream sandwich post which I have been informed once or twice happened quite some time ago...) But I still wanted to share a couple of pictures from Samuel's birthday.
We didn't do a whole lot for his birthday but Grandma and Grandpa sent out the perfect toy for him to enjoy:
I opened the door to this rather large box a couple of days before Samuel's birthday. I pulled it inside and started to open it and was quickly rushed by three very excited children. When it was evident that Samuel was very interested in 'unwrapping' his gift I asked the girls to let him try.
Considering the truck is almost the same size as he is he did a pretty good job wrestling his gift out of the box.
Of course he had to give it a good visual inspection to ascertain that it was a well built piece of machinery...
Then he saw that I had the camera out so he had to put his inspection on hold to give me one of his grins - I'm beginning to think he and the camera have a relationship - you know the kind where the camera is hopelessly devoted to him and he is casually interested now and then but other times indifferent...yeah I know it's a timeless tale...
Then Emmuska pushed one of the buttons and the thrill of the truck was back - I mean what can possibly compete with truck noises in a little boy's world?
I mean could this boy be any happier about his truck?
Probably not.
And of course we had to do some cake for his birthday. Samuel was very excited about this part of the celebration. He loved the cupcakes and as soon as one was finished he was off to get another one - sometimes by any means necessary. Let's just say Liberty might have lost a cupcake or two...
Happy Birthday Sam-Attack - it's hard to believe it's already been a year. You're getting so big and doing so much. I only hope I can keep up with you throughout the year to come.
2 comments:
Haha well he is ridiculously strong for his age, and I loved the pictures of how he was all over the truck. That is totally how Sam operates. "Does this work? Is this up to my code?" He's SO adorable!
FYI, I LOVE the second to last picture on this post; it could totally be used for an 'oops! did I just say that?' commercial! Wait a second, that's it! Submit him for commercials and cutest baby contests! Make some money off them amazing looks you gave him! :)
Post a Comment