Pages

Friday, March 6, 2009

Cookies

Emmuska has been staying with Grandma and Grandpa for that last day so Liberty has taken full advantage of being in the unfought for limelight. It's always so much fun to see Liberty on her own as she does some of the most hilarious things when she isn't battling a big sister on any of a number of fronts. So today we were having a little snack of Oreo's and milk - Liberty was wandering around while I was talking to Mycal. I wasn't really paying attention but I noticed that whenever I gave her a cookie she went over to the trash can, did something then came back with at least a portion of her cookie that she was apparently eating. It didn't take me too many trips to the trash can before I realized that she was throwing away the top half of her cookie and eating the filling and bottom half. When I asked if this was indeed what she was doing she confirmed with the whole body nod. At which point I informed her that she didn't have to throw them away because I would happily eat them for her. Upon receiving such information she seemed to process it and there after did give me the parts she didn't want, but did so in such a manner as to say - 'If that's what you want to do silly lady but really I think my way was better'
Children are great.

6 comments:

Inge Jaye said...

that is THE cutest thing. what a sweetheart!

Bonnie said...

It would have been cuter if so many good oreos hadn't been wasted

Anonymous said...

I think that at less than 1 1/2 years old, she has already got her own 'Oreo style' down! A woman, for dang sure!! Love it!!

Jen said...

Steph I love your page! It really is so cute!!! I am still so amazed at all of the cute stuff you do! I keep telling Kelton how I wish I could do stuff like you!!! You really are so amazing to me! oh and by the way thanks for all of you comments on my blog!

Corey Strange said...

Hahaha! I don't really like the top half of the Oreo's either...such better style to only eat the filling and the bottom....

SuZan said...

I think Liberty got it 1/2 right; The part about throughing the oreo in trash. I can't believe anyone can really eat those thing!!!!