

Emmuska's art has really branched out in the last four or five months - my personal favorite is her rendition of humanity. They so perfectly resemble the characters of the Mr. Men and Little Miss books by Roger Hargreaves.

Even more amusing is the fact that I am running into these characters at every turn. Of course her coloring pages are full of them and they are all over the side walk but I have also found them on this porch railing, various boxes and totes (the most abundant surface in our house...) and a few counters (so far...who knows what other surprises I've yet to turn up). She has been very good at not drawing on the walls however so it's hard to be terribly upset when I do find another little miss (notice the mop of curly hair on top...) or Mr. Man somewhere. (The number one reason Crayola has my undying devotion as a consumer...washable crayons are without a doubt miraculous.)

(Yes she covered the entire railing with her drawings minus the occasional stormy looking cloud Liberty was allowed to contribute.)
4 comments:
Oh that is absolutely so adorable!! Look at her go! I wish I could draw...
That is so flippin cute! Emmuska is the most darling little girl! I love how you tell her one thing and she listens to you so well but she always finds another way to do it. Me and Kelton were just taking the other day about her negotiating skills, he was laughing so hard because I was telling him about how she tried to get mycal to give her more money when she was cleaning!
Just think what Emmuska could do with an edifice like the Cistine Chapel. Are my eyes deceiving me, or has Emmuska gone topless? Well, at least this will save on laundry. I am sure happy to see a picture of where you are living. It looks very green and inviting. Is there a house anywhere close?????
I love those books!!! I spent like two hours reading the entire set at the library.
So yeah... thats totally awesome that they are having an impression on your children :)
Post a Comment