Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Palmyra Temple and Sacred Grove




Finally able to get these pictures uploaded so I could share them with all of you. Whilst in New York my mom, dad and I took the opportunity to attend a session in the Palmyra temple not too far from where Chuck and Maren lived. It was of course a wonderful experience (many thanks to Chuck and Maren for watching the girls as I wouldn't have been able to go without that help.) While there we took the chance to walk through the Sacred Grove for a little bit. I always love the peaceful feeling one can enjoy there. It was made more enjoyable by the chance I had to take some fun pictures. I've loved using my camera since Christmas and have on many occasions been very thankful to have it but I haven't had a whole lot of opportunity to play with the more creative settings (generally striving to catch the girls doing something or making sure they aren't doing something...) The visual circumstances of the Sacred Grove force one out of the comfort of 'auto mode' however and I was free to work with the shutter speed/aperture almost to my hearts content. I really liked some of the resulting images as well as being reminded that I need to take the time to go and do this more often. I'm glad I was able to be there and once again thank my parents and Chuck and Maren for making it possible to enjoy such a wonderful trip.

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Isn't is just so gorgeous there?! Ah jealousy! I can't wait until I can go there again and walk through, and maybe even do a session in the temple!

Bonnie said...

Steph!! I was leaving a comment on another blog and the word was 'vessels'! How fun!

Jen said...

Steph, those pictures are gorgeous. I loved so much when we went to the sacred grove. It is such a beautiful, peaceful, place. I think your photography definately did it justice!

SuZan said...

I want the first picture with the bench LARGE to put on my wall. Name your price.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you had the chance and the time to do this, because these pictures turned out AMAZING! Steph you rock!

Bonnie said...

Ok, and I had this other word 'lopopsy'! That's just fun to say! Not to mention typing