
I don't know about your computer but mine is set up to automatically go into a sort of shut down mode if I don't do something (mouse movement or keystroke) after a lengthy period of time, say twenty or thirty minutes. Apparently Emmuska is also equipped with this feature. After roughly thirty minutes of being left to her own devises in a quiet house (usually when I'm laying down with Liberty for nap time and 'accidentally' fall asleep...) she can often be found slumped over whatever she was last working on before going into her own version of sleep mode. She usually falls asleep over her coloring books but I've seen her do this over many different endeavors including stories she's been reading, her computer game, various toys and movies. The real joy in it is the positions she ends up in. It's as if it would take too much extra effort or she is so devoted to her task that she can't be bothered with stretching out and laying down in a comfortable position/place.

And then you have Liberty who has recently decided that she would rather fight me on the afternoon nap front and this is the end result. By the time six o'clock comes around she is so tired that she simply drop in her tracks. In this picture I was working on something while we were talking to each other (she had been actively responding...) after a fairly brief pause I look up to see that the poor girl had finally given in and just dropped. It's baffling to me that anyone would fight the idea of a naptime - especially when the result is not being able to complete a conversation because you've fallen asleep mid sentence. I guess appreciation of some of life's finer things comes with age...
5 comments:
I can't help but think that those are the cutest pictures ever! I wish Tiedyn would get to that stage because it seems like the more tired he gets the more fussy he gets bet it always seems like sleep is beyond him. I think those pictures would make the cutest scrapbook page (which I am sure you probably already have finished).
I know right?! I love naptime and I wish I had it!!!
it's funny how when we get big we end up really missing something that we absolutely hated when we were young. you know, like naps. I would absolutely love a set "nap time" right now in my life.
Who needs DNA testing!!!!! Just one more piece of evidence that Emmuska and Liberty are my grandchildren. I have fallen asleep on my keyboard more than once.
I think you hit it dead on with the 'appreciate of some of life's finer things comes with age' statement. I always try to tell kids when I am putting them down to make the most of the years they are ALLOWED to take naps! Sure wish I could!
Post a Comment