Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

Back to the Grindstone

...or in this case the keyboard. It's not that I feel that writing on my blog is such an immense chore that it is somehow akin to the exertion required to push a massively heavy stone around on top of another massively large stone in order to get my daily bread, more that when one pauses for too long a period the momentum is easily lost and it's hard to get started again. In this case it was not a personal choice to take a hiatus from the world wide web that kept me from updating you on the ever fascinating ins and outs of our daily life but simply just the way things turned out. Last week I was given the opportunity to drive out to New York with my parents to see my brother Charles graduate from New York Chiropractic College. I was excited for the opportunity and jumped when they offered to drive out of their way to pick me and the girls up as well as drop us off. I wasn't sure if I would be able to get online once in New York but as it turned out internet was not available which was alright as I have no idea how much I would have been able to do online anyway as we were all quite busy getting things ready to move after graduation. I can not with a clear conscious say I did anything useful in the packing/cleaning department I was however able to help keep children busy and out of the way so packing and cleaning was a little easier. What can I say going to the beach is such a chore. It was great seeing Chuck graduate and being hooded (I believe this is the correct term for the moment they put the extra shawl like thing over the graduation gown) as well as being able to participate in the many celebratory events surrounding the big event. It was nicer still to spend so much time with family I don't get to see very often, allowing cousins to play and get to know each other better. There were a lot of great memories made and opportunities taken that make me even more grateful for having taken the chance to go. As soon as I get my camera and computer on the same page I will upload some pictures. In the meantime I hope this is an adequate response to at least one reader who apparently feels I've been shirking my duty ;) . On that note I did notice that a week's absence did wonders for my comment box and am slightly tempted to do so more often if it means people will respond more...

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

We want pictures! We want pictures!! *said in that annoying tone of 'we want knives! we want knives'

Anonymous said...

I am sorry I haven't commented in so long...it isn't because I have been to your page and then just not commented; I just haven't been on blogger at all!
Can't wait to see pictures!

SuZan said...

I can see you have your priorities straight. Who on earth would stay home and unpack the boxes delivered by the moving truck the previous day when they have the opportunity to get into a car packed full of people and stuff AND travel at least 12 hours to sit on a sandy beach, drink piƱa coladas and listen to the waves hit the shore?