Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Due to popular demand (two out of five consistent posters...that's pretty popular right?) I'm posting the chocolate chip cookie recipe I featured not too long ago:
1/2 cup rolled oats (regular or quick)
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 eggs
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used half and half dark and milk one time and a mixture of dark, semi and milk another...I think it's just up to personal preference. However 3 cups does seem to be a bit much and I've been scaling back a little. They were find with 2 1/2 cups and I'm going to try 2 next time...will tell you how it turns out.)
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (or other preferred nut, I used pecans)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper (I only used one and just cooked in batches.) Place rolled oats in blender or food processor and process until finely ground. (I used a little extra rolled oats and liked them better as it made them a little fluffier...maybe an extra 1/4 cup but I'll measure next time I make them and let you know.) Combine ground oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.

In another bowl, cream butter, sugars, vanilla and lemon juice together using an electric mixer. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.

Stir the flour mixture into egg mixture, blending well. Add the chocolate chips and nuts to the dough and mix well. Using 1/4 cup of dough for each cookie, scoop round balls with an ice-cream scoop (I used a measuring cup...) and place 2 1/2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.

Bake until cookies are lightly browned, 16-18 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in a sealed container to keep them soft and chewy. (As if some of you will even have to worry about that part... ;) )

Anybody who tries them let me know how they work out for you. In the meantime I think I'm off to make some cookies!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

YES!!! Score!!! More things for me to eat that are unhealthy...ah yes, these are good days! :D

Kay said...

MMMMMM! Thanks for sharing! Everyone else wanted the recipe too they were just to polite to beg as much as Bonnie & I did.

SuZan said...

Sounds absolutely delicious and I do NOT like chocolate chip cookies. I think I will give it a try.