Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

So maybe nine months ago I came across this recipe card for chocolate chip cookies. It was one of those cards that includes the picture (dang food porn...) so of course I wanted to make them to see if they tasted as good as they looked. When I went to make them I discover that I didn't have all the ingredients. After that I would keep promising myself that after I finished such and such task or this and that I would make up these cookies as a reward. Of course I would always get busy with something or after finishing stated task would find myself immediately immersed in another project. Last week I finally made them. I actually packed all the children up and headed over to the grocery store for the express purpose of buying the necessary ingredient then came back and set to work. End result:

Being exceptionally pleased with myself for having finally made these cookies I had to grab my camera so I could share my triumph with the world. I walk back into the kitchen to this:

Yeah Mycal was trying to sneak some gooey goodness (fresh out of the oven and all). The cookies were fabulous by the way. Crunchy to bite into with a soft inside that wasn't in the least bit doughy. In short one fourth a cup of chocolate chip heaven.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hmmm, what is the reciepe?

Kay said...

Food porn! Totally hilarious! Your pictures were food porn & then you just left us hanging. Salivating & gasping for breath. NO recipe. We must have the recipe. I will be thinking about the recipe. Send the recipe. I am SURE I have all the ingredients just need the recipe. (demurely) Please.

Anonymous said...

Nice! They look like they turned out WAY better than my last batch of chocolate chip cookies (I was trying something new, with wheat flour. Don't do it.) and probably even better than my last batch of sugar cookies too. Dang it.