Sunday, November 1, 2009
Happy Halloween
I hope you all had an enjoyable Halloween. Ours was really nice - especially since the weather preceding it had been rainy and cold it was extra nice to have a very warm sunny day with which to celebrate. Here are a couple of highlights from our holiday:
The pumpkin patch we stopped by also had a petting zoo. Of course Emmuska wanted to get some of the food pellets so we could feed the animals. Surprising was that after we got the pellets she still wanted to feed the animals. I think this might be a first when it comes to actually feeding animals. Usually she gets the food then changes her mind and Mycal and I end up feeding the animals. This time she carefully set one pellet at a time in her hand and fed the goats. Liberty was another story - this picture accurately shows as close as she ever got to the animals.
This was my favorite picture from the pumpkin patch. I love how it turned out. We got there right as they were closing on Halloween (yeah we like to cut these sort of things close ;) ) still the girls had a good time picking out their pumpkins - something they put an impressive amount of concentration and effort into.
Ever since we got their pumpkins Emmuska has been asking me when we can cut them open so we can make soup and count how many seeds are in her pumpkin. Yes she apparently knows what pumpkins are for.
A couple of days before Halloween was a Fall Festival on base. It was the usual fun chaos that one can expect from having many children waiting to play a bunch of age appropriate games that are rewarded with plastic bobbles. Needless to say the girls had a ball and are still talking about their 'prizes'.
Classic Halloween picture: Child eyeing her haul.
Emmuska walking a gymnastic beam for a prize. I just love how she is holding her dress. She looks like such a lady. (Image later dispelled by the chili dribbled all over the front of her dress...still nice to see she can be a lady for half of the holiday).
Yet another classical Halloween picture: Dad surveying loot for his 'tax'.
Emmuska enjoying a sucker between festivities (I think they got to do trick or treating of some sort at three different times during the week...at any rate they made out like bandits.)
Samuel in his adorable clown outfit. He almost looked as good as the other individual who wore this outfit this year. (Pictures to follow of that later...)
Just a few fun pictures of Samuel in his froggy suit. Love the eyes on this one.
Seriously the hood was kind of massive which is what his expression seems to be saying here. Well that or 'help I'm under attack!'
And surprisingly enough I managed to get one of him smiling while he was in one of his costumes. I love his smile and was super excited to get one when I was holding a camera and could actually take a picture. Since having a camera in my hand when I really want it happens so rarely I am still celebrating this victory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
SO fun to see how much fun you guys had celebrating!
I am, unfortunately, no good at uploading pictures onto my blog, or else I might show you some of what I did for Halloween. We did the best we could without nieces and nephews; we borrowed somebody elses children. But that is another story.
Glad to see it was such a big hit! Awesome pictures!
Aw!!! It was so amazing!! You all look so adorable-- I love love love the picture of Emmuska holding her dress and I love (to the 4th degree) the picture of Mycal getting his tax. It reminds me so of my younger years! :D Love it!! Happy Halloween darlin'!
It looks like you had a fun Halloween week! Thanks for the pic of Samuel. I knew you probably already had a costume for him so I should have just passed it by. I will be more sensible in the future. I love the pic of Liberty at the pumpkin patch. Was she cinderella? Because that would really fit. I love looking for pumpkins. Looking forward to whatever you & Emmuska do with your pumpkins.
It's all so cute!!! I miss having Halloween, its not the same as an adult, and kids kindof give you a chance to relive the experience
I absolutely love the outfits. Especially of samuel! That frog is just adorable. I am glad you gus had so much fun!!!
Post a Comment