Friday, July 30, 2010
Motherhood
For those days when being a mom seems like an insurmountable challenge. Not too long ago I stumbled across this video and it completely made my day. I wanted to view it again and struggled a little to find it once more so thought I'd post it here where I could always reference back to it as needed. To all the beautiful mothers and future mothers in my life - I look up to each of you and the amazing job you are doing raising God's children in your homes. You are examples in my journey as a mother and I look to each of you (yes even you who haven't been mothers as long or are still waiting for your children - your strength still inspires me) as guides of love, faith and goodness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow it was touching for me and I don't even have any yet-- just wait until I do!
Thank you for sharing this video. It really touched my heart and made me contemplate my role as a mother. I LOVED from the top of my head to the tips of my toes the first 15 years that I was a mother. I LOVED teaching reading, writing, arithmetic and yes even Latin and the Internet. The last 15 years have been a challenge and that is putting it politely. I have totally lost perspective on being a mother. However, I must say that watching my daughters and daughter-in-law (the best in the world) parent has renewed my hope and faith in this eternal calling.
I actually found this video a couple weeks ago and it totally made my day! I cried through pretty much the whole thing. I was glad to be reminded what my job is and who I am doing it for.
Thanks for posting this Steph; it was so refreshing and uplifting. It has me tearing up, and that is quite a feat for me! (Though, it happens a lot more this year than it used to.)
You are an awesome mom; I look forward to being like you in that way.
Post a Comment