Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Orange Julius

Because it's been nice and warm out (I'll take all I can get - I love to soak summer in) and it's a huge favorite around here I thought I'd share our recipe for Orange Julius with all of you.
2 Cups Orange Juice (I like to get good stuff like Simply Orange or Minute Maid - anything one hundred percent juice with tons of pulp.)
1 Cup Ice
1/4 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
Stick everything in a blender and let it go until it's nice and smooth. Sometimes we add a little extra orange juice. Play around with the recipe until it's just right for you.
Emmuska never gets tired of this one. She will often ask for 'her special orange drink' (because you know I came up with it just to please her ;) and never gets tired of the foam mustache it gives her. Everytime she takes a sip she giggles and demands I look at her mustache. We live in a house of non-stop hilarity.
I wasn't kidding when I said it's a favorite around here. Of course when it comes to anything even remotely consumable Samuel's a fan. (I'm wondering if that's a boy thing...)
I'll leave you to enjoy this little summer snack. Let me know what you think.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Ah!! Can't WAIT to try it when I get back from vacation!!!!!!! Well, from the reunion...

Jen said...

Steph- I number one love that you are an amazing chef and number to that I love what you do with all of your recipes (that seems to be an art in and of itself). I also absolutely love the picture of Emmuska! I think that that mustache is priceless!!!

SuZan said...

To be a child again and be able to enjoy a milk mustache.

Grandma: "Emmuska, you have such beautiful eyes!"
Emmuska: "The better to see you with, Grandma."

Now that was random!!! I can see it is going to be one of THOSE days. : )

Anonymous said...

Well, they always were one of my all-time favorites as well! Thanks for posting the recipe! Love it!