I'm addicted to porn...food porn. Sad but true. I came upon this realization yesterday when I happened to notice a headline stating that it was National Doughnut Day (yeah I was going to pass up that headline? not likely...) So I clicked on the headline to learn more about National Doughnut Day (started in 1917 when members of the Salvation Army took baked goods including doughnuts out to the front lines as a moral boost for the troops - it is now celebrated on the first Friday in June) and stumbled on a link for Food Porn. Curious I clicked on the link (isn't that how it usually happens?) and was hooked. It didn't help that they started off with pictures of some amazing Thai dishes (next to impossible to find in our area at present... :( ) Then moved onto things like this...

It's not even the most amazing picture I've ever seen...I mean it's a little blurry but it's how many layers of chocolate cake? With nuts! I think I could have stared all day. Apparently not able to resist temptation I not only saved the image to my desktop (how long before it's my background picture...) but kept on looking. Thankfully not everything looked as amazingly appealing. For example

Don't get me wrong this
definitely has appeal to it - I mean wow - but it also seems to cry out "
CHOLESTEROL INDUCED HEART ATTACK WAITING TO HAPPEN!" The funny thing about that to me is the fact that one slice of that cake could easily kill me (anybody...) but it doesn't look nearly as dangerous. I'm almost convinced that 'just one bite...' couldn't hurt...
3 comments:
*tsk tsk tsk* I always knew it! I tried to get you help Steph, but you'd never admit to it and now *stifled sob* now it's too late!
Bonnie! You'll be the death of me someday!
Well Steph, at least you are now 'out' if you will, and can seek the proper medical attention, and get on the road to recovery. Well, really you can't get on the road to recovery until that is the road you WANT to be on; and I'm not sure I hear the appropriate amount of remorse in your tone yet... :)
I think that you would need like a gallon of milk just for one slice of that cake. *shudder* I can feel your blood running through your veins like ketchup.
Post a Comment