Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Must tell Moment of the Day

This happened this morning and it was too funny to forget. After I had some dental work taken care of the girls got to pick out a treasure from the box for being so good (I got to write a check for the receptionist as a reward...but I digress) After insisting that the receptionist ring the toys up (they took me seriously when I said we had to stop at the desk to pay) we got all packed up and ready to go. Liberty had picked out a little purse and Emmuska after much deliberation had picked out a toy phone. Once buckled up and on the road she proceeded to call everybody she could think of (a list much longer than you'd think...) starting out with the Schott family 'Hi Aurora...Ethan guess what...Dieuwke is Lance there? I wanted to talk to Lance.' After talking non stop for the duration of the drive (ten to fifteen minutes) she throws out this little gem. "Well I just called to say 'hi' I don't really want to talk because I'm not much of a talker." Yes that statement was uttered by the child who essentially hasn't stopped talking in the last 1 and 3/4 years.

p.s. Had to add this update - she just called called Quincy off of "Little Einsteins" here was the complete conversation:
"Hello Quincy" brief pause "It's me Emmuska, how are you doing?" another brief pause "Quincy I don't want to talk about that right now." (said slightly petulantly)
Honestly where does she pick this stuff up?

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh my gosh! That is hilarious! Where does she pick these things up? Man, your girl cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

Where did you get her? Seriously, some of the things she pops off with!! What a crack-up! And with a line like that last one, I can totally envision some broken hearts she'll be toying with down the road aways...'not much of a talker'? Seriously- hilarious.

Amy said...

Kids are hysterical. I love to watch them grow up and change.

How funny!