Just to let you all know that I didn't actually die. Over the weekend we went to the St. Louis Zoo - it was awesome, especially since it was free! I was thinking 'oh a free zoo...okay not expecting a whole lot...' but it was actually quite amazing. The habitats and exhibits were actually some of the nicer ones I've seen in a zoo and they had a rather impressive number of unique animals. However I will be doing a post on the zoo (when I can get blogger to upload my pictures...after four tries today I've decided I just might need to come back later).
Aside from that we kept it pretty low key this weekend. Mycal had to go to class until noon on Saturday so I did some cleaning until he got home at which time we headed to the zoo. Sunday was nice and laid back. Church was nice - especially enjoyable because it was the fifth sunday so for the third hour Mycal and I got to sit together w/o children (it's amazing how quickly an hour can pass...). Sunday was laid back just enjoying time together and getting ready for the week ahead.
Yesterday I had my first doctor's appointment here...yeah I know I put it off a little. I had no idea how quick and easy it would be to set up. There was so much frou-fra to get everything set up with finding a provider through Hill AFB and then I ended up choosing somebody I really didn't like (thankfully I was moving so I didn't have to try to transfer). That and after having an OB I really (I mean really didn't like) I was nervous to find out what the doctors around here would be like. Turns out I was procrastinating for nothing. The doctor was great (too bad the one I saw is getting deployed :( ...he said that everybody else on staff was really great though and that he wouldn't have a problem with any of them delivering for his wife). After finally getting the appointment set up I kept running into people who were able to tell me how amazing each of the doctors and the certified nurse midwife (CNM) are so I am very encouraged about how it will all turn out.
I'm feeling even better about it since we found out on Thursday or Friday that we will actually be staying here for another year or two - so I will be delivering here (yay not transferring again, yay not having to build rapport with yet another set of providers...so many bonuses). That's right we've had a change of orders keeping us here. As much fun as Kentucky would have been we are having a pretty good time here and this base is really nice. So I'm okay with that.
Okay I'm going to log off for now...at least you know what has been going on. I hope all is well with everybody else and will hopefully have photos up soon.
4 comments:
We want pics! We want pics! (picture this being said with clanging forks on a dinner table in the background)
Nah, take your time- as long as you get them up there. Glad you're having so much fun! Glad the doc is all good! Glad you're not moving to MORE tick country! LOVE YOU!
Super glad to hear that everything is working out so well there! So, does that mean that you will be getting some of your stuff out of storage then, since you will be more permanent? Hopefully it will be nice for you guys to have a little bit more permanent feeling!! (I know it always bugged me to be in 'transient' mode...)
Anyway, glad to hear about things!
Yay for not having to move pregnant again!!!
For a quick update it sure was long. lol jk I <3 you!
are you sure you can't convince the army that you would best be put in a base very close to Lake Jackson, Texas? :)
Post a Comment