I found it interesting one night as I went in to make sure the girls were all tucked in their beds that the stuffed animals had ended up on the floor while the massive books are what each girl chose to cuddled up with/under. Emmuska has always loved taking her book to bed with her (though I admittedly tried to keep the book size a little smaller...) and it looks like Liberty is following after her. As I tried to pick the books up (in an effort to make their rest more comfortable) I encountered definite resistance. Emmuska relinquished fairly easily (once she's asleep there isn't a whole lot that bothers her...) but Liberty got quite upset as I tried to sneak the book out - grabbing at it and holding on for dear life (she has an impressive grip for a sleeping 20 months). I decided not to push the issue but obviously had to grab my camera. It is gratifying to see the value they place on the written word.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Cuddlies
I found it interesting one night as I went in to make sure the girls were all tucked in their beds that the stuffed animals had ended up on the floor while the massive books are what each girl chose to cuddled up with/under. Emmuska has always loved taking her book to bed with her (though I admittedly tried to keep the book size a little smaller...) and it looks like Liberty is following after her. As I tried to pick the books up (in an effort to make their rest more comfortable) I encountered definite resistance. Emmuska relinquished fairly easily (once she's asleep there isn't a whole lot that bothers her...) but Liberty got quite upset as I tried to sneak the book out - grabbing at it and holding on for dear life (she has an impressive grip for a sleeping 20 months). I decided not to push the issue but obviously had to grab my camera. It is gratifying to see the value they place on the written word.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Haha!! This is so funny! Ah your girls are so cute!
This reminds me of a much older picture with you and me...only I'm pretty sure that ours are covering our heads. While it may not be comfortable to cuddle with, at least your girls are smart enough to place them where they will not also be suffocated by them. :)
Post a Comment