Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Blankets



At first I was nervous about this blanket getting dirty - being handmade with love from Nana and aunts and all, but as I was looking at it today (for the minute or two she wasn't wrapped in it) slightly despairing over the spots that have already formed I realized that stained blankets are generally favorite blankets and are the ones likely to be cherished for all the memories each stain holds (it's kind of like a food scrapbook ;).  And that would have been the perfect thought to end on but I have to say that Liberty has spent maybe twelve hours total (church and various errands where it's required to stay in the car) NOT wrapped up in her blanket.

6 comments:

Jen said...

You are definately a good mother to let liberty carry around that blanket everywhere. I had a blanket that I also took everywhere. It is weird how kids become so attached to things, but I am glad that you see the most important part and function of things!

Bonnie said...

Oh we are SO glad she loves it so!! Mom was all worried that your kids wouldn't really like it and she was just worried sick so this post came at JUST the right time! Glad she loves it! (I'm a bit jealou myself actually...)

Bonnie said...

Steph! My word verification was 'somelime' Not even joking!! It's like some pig but even better because it's lime!!!

Anonymous said...

Stiffy-
Terribly sorry about how remiss I have been on the commenting on your posts! As you are such a wonderfully diligent poster, and I such a lackadaisical commenter, I was hoping that I could 'catch up' here and just try to do better moving forward, rather than comment on every one individually (as I am catching up on reading them today). I do apologize; between final projects, work, holidays, traveling, strep throat...I have been one of the worst commenters ever! I will try to do better!
Anyway...
So glad to hear about your holiday successes, and how fun the entire season has obviously been for you and your family! Hope to catch up with you soon!
-me.

Penny said...

By the way, it is good to know that the blankets have been so well recieved.

SuZan said...

I still have my blankie! I take it everywhere I go. Well, just about everywhere. After MUCH debate and a few anxious moments, I decided to NOT take it on my trip to Europe.