Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What We've Been Up To...

Recently it became evident to me that I don't post enough pictures here on the blog. Apparently there are some family members out there starving for visual confirmation that we do in fact still exist. So I thought I would give you a little visual update as to what we are doing...
Things have been going pretty well with Missouri-kid-Kentucky.  We went through a little rough patch not too long ago but have since patched up our differences and are all getting along much better. She has really gotten into cuddling on the couch and sleep on the big bed with me (yeah sounds like I've gone soft but as it turns out it's the best way to avoid finding a puddle of pee in the kitchen...who knew eh?) Here she is cuddling with Emmuska which is happening a lot more lately and is rather heartwarming to see. She is really settling down and enjoying non playtime touch without getting overly excited.
And Liberty is still traveling with her blanket - using it in as many endeavors as possible.  Here it has become an improvisational bed roll.  Funny thing about this picture is that Liberty is wearing snow pants.  One could make the assumption that she is all tuckered out from frolicking in the snow. Not so much. Emmuska very much wanted to go outside to play so I went down and got the only snow clothes we currently have - which fit Liberty.  Emmuska bundled up in two pairs of pants, shirts, winter coat ect. in order to go outside. Liberty was thrilled to see the snow clothes and almost immediately pulled them on.  After Emmuska had headed outdoors I asked Liberty if she wanted to go outside.  She responded with an incredulous look and then said. "No.  It's cold outside." and that was the end of that discussion.  These snow pants still haven't ventured out our back door and don't seem especially destined too this year.  (I've got to give the girl kudos though...it is cold outside. Really cold.)
Like I said, Emmuska wanted to go outside to play. Sometimes I wonder how she could possibly be my child (picture was totally taken from inside...me? outdoors? in this weather? not unless there was a dire emergency...and I'm still trying to figure out what said emergency would have to be to tempt me.) But then she reminds me that "(she)likes the cold, but you don't do you Mommy? No you like warm weather. but I like the cold." Alright - her compelling argument gets me every time and I decide that it's okay to like different things.
Recently the children came across some Easter eggs.  You can bet it's been one big party since then.  We've spent large portions of the last couple of evenings doing egg hunts.  Kids are hilarious when it comes to egg hunts by the way.  Emmuska hid all the eggs and wouldn't leave me alone until I helped her find them.  Only once I started looking she found everyone before I could get to it. That's fine...I'll man the camera.  Tonight Liberty and Emmuska took turns hiding eggs.  One would cover their eyes while the other ran off to hide an egg.  Only as soon as the person looking started the egg-hider would point or tell them where to look.  Thankfully this didn't upset anyone. In fact it would seem as if this was the way it should be in their minds.  A good time was had by all.
What else is new? Hmm...well there is my new plan for redoing my look.  Today I gave myself a manicure...with a crayon.  I sitting there coloring with Liberty when I decided to see how well crayon worked on fingernails.  Not too shabby thought a little too opaque for my tastes.  Still avoids a lot of the hassles of real nail polish. Like the smell, the potential mess ect.
And finally a couple of pictures of Samuel.  He has been drooling like a machine lately. (You know a really wet slobbery machine...) but at least he still has his cute grin and inability to stop laughing if somebody else starts.Yeah that river of drool headed right toward me actually on the mild side.  His shirts and jammies are generally in a state of damp.  I can't believe he could be teething already but it seems like the usual conclusion...still we will see. And finally one with Mycal and Samuel hanging out on the couch together.  These two actually enjoy time together and can be found hanging out a lot.
And there you have it a little something we are up to and some pictures.  If there are needs for more let me and I'll try to accommodate.  I'm even up for special requests. :D

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

First off I think in the beginning of the post- near the second picture- that you mean Liberty is taking her blanket to all kingdom come places, not Emmuska :D Wow! Love the blog! Love the pictures and seeing what you're up to! It looks like you're all having so much fun- and it was sweet to see Mycal and Sam together! :D Plus, we all know Samuel will be one of those advanced children- it's possible he's already teething...

Jen said...

I absolutely love to see pictures of you guys but most of all I love the story that goes along with it. Nobody else I know would be doing egg hunts in the middle of winter, and that's why I love you guys. Everything you guys do I try to take note of so I can be as fun and good of parents as you guys. I Love the nail polish, it actually looks professional! Also, I love the picture of Samuel with his daddy! I can't believe he is already starting the teething process. I think he might beat Tiedyn! My special request is that you keep up with the pictures (because I love them) and maybe just a few more of you (because you are so beautiful!!).

Anonymous said...

As has been stated, I do definitely appreciate the pictures-- however, they are not 'all of it' to me...I love the way you relate things, even if they are everyday things! You have such a way of making everything sound so fabulous! I wish I had the same talent...I might post more often if it were the case. (Last post, Oct. 19th...I know.) :)

Anonymous said...

I never know whether I am going to be able to post my message, but here goes again. First of all Stephanie you do have a gift. i think in the scriptures it is called a talent and you are surely blessed with many. I love the way you express you thoughts and feeling and the picture you choose just leave me feeling like my cup runneth over. Sure love you all. and I enjoy the comments of others inasmuch as I know and love some of those people also. God bless. G'ma Rowley