Not even sure how that works, but apparently it's a pretty big seller as it's one of the better posters out there. So there you have it - our neighbors. Of course this sort of establishment is so proliferate in at least this area that one can frequently find billboards and signs guiding you to the next 'Quality Adult Superstore' in fact it's so common that my eyes immediately stopped after reading 'Lovall's' assuming it was another adult store - turns out they actually sell RV's - but honestly even knowing that now I still see the billboard and assume "Oh another one..." until I remember it's not. Of course not everybody is thrilled with the over abundance of such businesses. Big Louie's was apparently blocked by many people in the area and a lot of the residents were not happy when it was still built despite their efforts. Even though they didn't win the battle they continue to fight as is seen by the billboard just across the street from the 'strip mall'...Friday, April 24, 2009
Our Neighbors
I've had some requests to tell a little more about our nearest neighbors. I don't really know anybody else who lives in our apartment building but the closest thing to our apartment building (basically the only thing within walking distance) - well words just aren't good enough I had to grab a few pictures to tell you about them. This is essentially our closest neighbor...
That's right Big Louie's.
It is actually a pretty big 'adult' entertainment and shopping complex, as can be seen in this picture, starting with a couple of shops I wasn't able to fit in the beginning of the picture, curving all the way around and then behind the last building (the white one on the far right side of the picture). It gives a whole new meaning to the word 'strip mall'. As far as I can tell (not having actually patronized the establishment) they have just about anything you could wish to find including...
Not even sure how that works, but apparently it's a pretty big seller as it's one of the better posters out there. So there you have it - our neighbors. Of course this sort of establishment is so proliferate in at least this area that one can frequently find billboards and signs guiding you to the next 'Quality Adult Superstore' in fact it's so common that my eyes immediately stopped after reading 'Lovall's' assuming it was another adult store - turns out they actually sell RV's - but honestly even knowing that now I still see the billboard and assume "Oh another one..." until I remember it's not. Of course not everybody is thrilled with the over abundance of such businesses. Big Louie's was apparently blocked by many people in the area and a lot of the residents were not happy when it was still built despite their efforts. Even though they didn't win the battle they continue to fight as is seen by the billboard just across the street from the 'strip mall'...All I can say is kudos to the Pulaski Christian Ministerial Alliance - never give up!
Not even sure how that works, but apparently it's a pretty big seller as it's one of the better posters out there. So there you have it - our neighbors. Of course this sort of establishment is so proliferate in at least this area that one can frequently find billboards and signs guiding you to the next 'Quality Adult Superstore' in fact it's so common that my eyes immediately stopped after reading 'Lovall's' assuming it was another adult store - turns out they actually sell RV's - but honestly even knowing that now I still see the billboard and assume "Oh another one..." until I remember it's not. Of course not everybody is thrilled with the over abundance of such businesses. Big Louie's was apparently blocked by many people in the area and a lot of the residents were not happy when it was still built despite their efforts. Even though they didn't win the battle they continue to fight as is seen by the billboard just across the street from the 'strip mall'...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm speechless! I can hardly believe that this is so public AND an entire "strip mall". I had no idea there would be so many things to purchase to warrent an entire block.
Steph, it is even funnier with pictures! Listening to you describe it over the phone was great; but these totally add to the whole story! It reminds me of a picture Jake took while on his mission of one of those 'prolific adult stores' (he said they were everywhere in the south too, but this one he found was a little different; I'll have to tell you about it sometime). Hopefully, although your neighbors have a different lifestyle than you, they don't complain about your dogs!! :)
Oh my gosh! That is freaking hilarious! I suppose we could just say that you'll never get bored?
Post a Comment