Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Updates
I wanted to let you know how things were going with my brother-in-law. He is doing amazingly well. Yesterday they took him off the ventilator after a week of steady progress. His numbers have been doing fabulously and there haven't been any problems (at least serious enough to make their way my direction) Apparently some of the infections are still alive and well in the fluid they have been draining but they haven't been spreading so the doctors are pleased. He was doing so well that they took him off the medicine that was keeping him asleep. Now with the ventilator gone and his being awake he is able to respond and talk. We are all very excited about his progress and continue to pray for him. I don't know everything that has to be done before he can leave the hospital but he is moving along more rapidly than expected. (I say this because from what I understand they weren't planning on taking him off the sedation or ventilator for a couple more days but he was ready - anybody who knows better please correct me in the comments.) Sounds very much like him to me - when he is ready to do something he does it well and quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH yay! Go Mycal's blessing!
This is indeed good news! I am pleased to hear it, as it must bring a small amount of relief to the Brown family.
Post a Comment