Saturday, April 4, 2009
This Week
My brother in law has been in the hospital all week. He was admitted with severe pneumonia, however shortly after being transferred to a different hospital they realized that was not the only problem and began testing and working to understand what was wrong. It has been a crazy week with lots of downs and a few ups. The situation was so bad that SuZan (my mother in law) had to contact the Red Cross to process the paperwork for Mycal to get emergency leave to come home and help out. Thankfully Mycal was able to come home Thursday morning (hooray for Delta and their great rates for military members). Of course I'm really glad to have him home and the girls are ecstatic, they have been all over him every chance they get. Most importantly I think he was able to really help his family. I keep wishing I could do more and feel badly because I want to help in anyway I can but there is nothing I can do so I feel useless. Still Mycal was able to give his brother a blessing yesterday and already things are improving. His vitals are stable now and he is becoming more responsive to what is happening around him. Of course the whole family is always in my prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay for Mycal! (And I so do play with my dog)
Glad to hear that you guys were able to get Mycal home to help; it is nice of the military to understand that need, and nice that you got to see him! Hopefully, everything continues to get better for his family!
Steph, You and Mycal already do so much for all of our family! We are all so grateful for you guys. Me and kelton are going to miss you guys terribly but we love you and wish you alot of luck in missouri (if I remember correctly) and Kentucky. Thanks again for everyting you guys have done. Love you guys!
When I get down your the person I call. It is so nice to hear your cheerful voice. Also, you always make me laugh and things are always better when I talk them out with you. Thanks for all the support.
Post a Comment