Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Organizing is the best part of making...

Thought I would share a couple of my fun new crafting purchases. While at the scrapbooking day a while back one of the ladies there had this amazing container. I thought about it for a few weeks then decided to order one (anything to help our one craft store continue to flourish right?) I couldn't believe how much stuff I was able to fit into it. And it's not that everything is just there (kind of the situation all of the goodies had been in before...I obviously had room for all of it somewhere...) but it's wonderfully accessible and so much fun to look at!

I also finally decided to buy one of these tool carry all things (yeah I have no idea what their technical name is...) I've been eyeing them for a while but just couldn't bring myself to spend $20+ dollars 'just to try it out'. Then I saw one in Wal-mart (hooray to our home town hero! ;) ) for ten and thought 'for ten I can try it out.' So I did. It's amazing. When I started putting stuff in it there was no stopping. It was like Mary Poppins bag. I ended up consolidating three different containers/holders into this one bag. Unbelievable.




As if that wasn't enough I was putting everything away, knowing that there was a little pocket on the bottom. I assumed it was just a small pocket that zipped up. It ended up being a pull out drawer. I was so surprised and excited that I almost peed my pants. Honestly it was that exciting. Of course I had to go back and reorganize a whole bunch of stuff I had put somewhere else (opening up even more room!) Of course one of the best parts about both of them is that they are red. Not that they match any of my other scrapbooking stuff just that I love red and perhaps will make it a theme. That was only second to the opportunity I had of spending all afternoon with the girls as they 'helped' me organize everything into their respective spots. (The box has 40 sections all filled with small items...it was...an adventure.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun!! I am a bit crazy, but I love organizing, and re-organizing stuff, scrapbook or closets, etc... I am so glad to hear how much fun you guys are having with that!! Wahoo for storage and organization! (How was that for nerdy?)
P.S. the 'peed my pants' comment totally got me! HILARIOUS!

Bonnie said...

Steph- you're pregnant, of course you almost peed your pants. :P I mean, your bladder is about the size of a teaspoon anyway and add pregnancy? Whew- you're done for.

But I am SO excited for you! Go Mary Poppins Bags! I want one...

Pam said...

I hate being the last one to post, because I was going to have a totally witty comment and bonnie stole it. Oh well. I am glad that you had fun