Friday, May 29, 2009
Something Right...
I decided today that as much as I don't feel like I'm a 'natural' mom (are they supposed to be so frustrating sometimes?) I must be doing something right. At the oh so tender ages of 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 I have two little girls who love mustard. They still eat ketchup with their hot dogs but I don't know how much longer that will last - I can't just do ketchup or there is an uprising letting me know that mustard is a necessity (yes it is...just few children are so wise as to see that truth at such a tender age...) and the amount of ketchup they eat seems to be diminishing in comparison to the cry for more mustard. In Liberty it isn't so surprising as she will eat pretty much anything she can get her hands on. Emmuska however is much pickier so I know she is eating it because she likes the flavor. So nice to know that at least on a culinary level these children appreciate the good things in life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, how fun. I am the first one to comment. Here is it 11:27 pm and I need to come up with something clever about mustard or how gifted my grandchildren are concerning the culinary arts. It is wonderful that they are showing signs of mature taste buds at such an early age.
Oh, and you can tell Mycal that his comment about my fanny pack is uncalled for. I really don't understand what my children have against such a genious invention. I think John P. Fannypack (no relation to John P. Crapper, inventor of the portable toilet) should get a Nobel Peace Prize or something.
Well, you train them early enough on and it makes it a titch easier later in life. While you're at it don't forget onions peppers and tomatoes... I can't begin to think about how much I lost in life because of my not knowing what were 'necessary' foods. Oh deprived childhood... sigh
Good job. You're a great mommy, don't let anyone tell you differently.
Mustard makes the world go round...unfortunately the stain is much harder to get out than it is for ketchup...
Great news! I am moving toward the point where ketchup may not even be an option in our house when my children are born; I think we have bought a bottle of ketchup two times in our entire marriage; the second one only because the remains of the first one finally went bad, or were old enough (expired by a couple years) that we didn't want to check! It is refreshing to hear of children who prefer mustard!! Hopefully our 'breeding attempts' will produce them with cousins that will have the same thing in common with them! :)
Post a Comment