Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Articulate

This pretty much sums up Emmuska right now. She loves to communicate (which is a bit of an understatement but it will have to do). Everywhere we go she starts conversations with those around her, including telling the tour guide all about why she has Car shoes right now, our neighbor about how 'annoying' Missouri-kid-Kentucky can be but she likes her anyway, Mycal's classmate all about mosquitoes (including some lore picked up from the Little Einstein's Firebird Rescue) and a random grocery store clerk how everybody has blood and that ticks like to suck to suck it. Throughout this all she has been putting together a fairly impressive vocabulary. Saturday while Mycal was playing around with Liberty because she wouldn't stop crying Emmuska piped up "Daddy stop antagonizing Liberty." and yesterday she explained to me that she wasn't going to open her car door because there was a vehicle next to her. When I asked what a vehicle was she said 'Usually it's a car or truck.' But every now and then real words don't quite do what she has to say justice - so she comes up with her own. Current favorites are 'burridosos' for burritos 'mazert' for dessert and 'boozing' for the action that is blowing really wet raspberries. (I've no idea how that one possibly came about...and my questioning only ever gets the response 'it's boozing - that's just what it is, boozing'). I guess when all else fails to express your actions/feelings make something new up.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Well you knew it would end like this! I mean there were times when Liberty was a 'chatterbox', or when she was being 'promiscuous', or when my wallet held only 'chump change'

It's still hilarious though!

SuZan said...

Today I spoke with Emmuska on the phone. She has informed me that when her baby brother is born, I am to supply him with clothes, make the food, and play with her. I can see my time in Missouri is going to be very busy. I can hardly wait.