Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Might be Paranoid

While cleaning up the living room this evening I noticed that one of the more loved stuffed toys we own had a decent whole in it's back. Knowing full well that any hole big enough to fit one child size finger (and this whole was already bigger than that) can soon become a de-stuffed animal in the same amount of time it takes me to wash the dishes (the most likely time it would happen as my back is turned...) I picked up the animal and put it on top of a bookshelf until I had the materials and chance to sew up the whole. I continued on with my evening until Mycal said "Why is there a cat up there?" I was confused as we don't own a cat. For some bizarre reason I assumed that he was talking about a live cat and was thinking 'where did a cat come from and why is it on our bookshelf?' until I turned around and remembered the stuffed animal I had set on the shelf.
"Oh that, I noticed a hole and wanted to make sure it didn't get any bigger until I was able to fix it so I put it up there."

"It's freaky."

"What? Why?"

"It's just freaky, sitting up there, watching us...does it have to be there?"

"No you can move it I just don't want the kids to play with it until I fix it."

Nothing for several minutes.

"Seriously it's freaky. I think it's eyes are following me." said while Mycal moves around to every possible position in the chair (pictured sans Mycal as he couldn't take it anymore...) "Yeah it's eyes are definitely following me. Why does it have to be up there?"

"It doesn't have to be up there - just somewhere where the kids can't get into it. You can move it anywhere you want to."

"We should move it."

"Go for it."

Yeah it's still sitting on the shelf. Mycal claims it to be disturbing. I don't think it's nearly as disturbing as this...
...the fact that I'm eating my girl scout cookies by the row because I can't get them to separate properly. Honestly what is the world coming to?

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

HAHA!!! (By the way, grammatical error at the point where you and Mycal just start your conversation about the freaky cat--it should be hole not whole)
That's hilarious! The cat is following you. (And that's what happens when you leave samoas too long....man, I want some samoas...)

Bonnie said...

What WAS the word verification?

Bonnie said...

I love you (yeah, my word was 'sperina' what the heck is that? A scandinavian/persian ballerina?)

SuZan said...

I think it is Mycal that is paranoid. Either that or you have a very special cat. You might want to set him/her on the front porch with the sign Attention: Chat de Garde (Beware Guard Cat in French)