Wednesday, July 22, 2009
On the Road Again
Not in that car-trip or long haul move kind of way but in that we hit the pavement with our bicycles kind of way. It was so great to get back out on my bicycle. It's been a while since I don't bicycle in cold weather (read snow...) and then it was difficult to do in our last place (people driving on the highway next to our home were notoriously lacking in courtesy and likely to hit you rather than slow down or move over just a touch). But now that we are in a new place happily situated in the middle of a quiet community we were able to get out the bikes and go for a ride. While it wouldn't compare to our Californian rides at least there was a fair amount of green rather than what we were able to do in Ogden. It was glorious. I have definitely missed it. My legs were burning and I actually ate a bug (fairly certain that is the first time that has happened - generally because I don't bicycle around with my mouth open. This time however I had opened my mouth to take a breath of air in order to blow the bug that had flown up my nose out...guess that ought to show me) and I actually reveled in both experiences. Coming from the supreme non-outdoorsist that is saying something. I can't wait to get out again (hopefully tomorrow - just depends on how apartment cleaning goes...). Can't adequately give words to the joy this small event brought me - I hope you all have as happy a place to go as this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
2 grammatical errors: First off the drivers need to be notoriously 'lacking' or 'low' or something like that in courtesy (and it needs to be courtesy instead of courteous unless you want to change the sentence structure) and secondly it should be quiet, not quite. ...by the by, do you want me to stop make grammar comments?
Ah, I'm so glad for you! I want to see pics of the house!!
Oh- this isn't the final fling...Bear Lake is the final fling! :)
Bike riding is indeed glorious. I have taken to pedaling to the Monestery in the mornings.
Speaking of bugs, Elizabeth told me about Chandra (Steven's daughter) getting a grasshopper caught between her teeth and upper lip. After much anxiety she was able to extract the hopper, well most of it anyway. Later, she found ONE leg caught in her teeth.
Post a Comment