Friday, July 24, 2009
The Little Bear of Noodles
I don't know how many of you are into spaghetti but it is pretty much a staple in our family - gracing our dinner table at least once (and yes sometimes more) a week. Miraculously enough we never get tired of it - it's always a great meal. Today as I was eating my bowl of spaghetti I was pondering over the noodle I use. Vermicelli is the noodle of choice in the Mycal Brown family (okay the girls haven't thrown in their two cents on the subject but Mycal and I are in complete agreement on this). So there I was thinking about Vermicelli wondering what made it so perfect (it had come out particularly well despite a serious of cooking flaws that would have really ruined lesser noodles) and it struck me - it's because it's like the Little Bear (of Goldilocks and the Three Bears) of noodles. Where spaghetti noodles are too thick (Papa Bear) and Angle Hair noodles are too thin (Mama Bear) Vermicelli are just right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You make me laugh. So hard. So often! Oh, and you have another grammar critic--dad. Watch out!!
I find it so ironic that on the comment you left on my blog saying that you caught your own errors in the spaghetti one you said that you caught errors in the 'speghetti on' Ah, lovely days!
I am definitely going to have to get out of my box. I have never considered serving spaghetti with out the official "spaghetti noodles". I wouldn't be able to point out Vermicelli in a NOODLE lineup. LOVE LOVE LOVE the fairy tale analogy!!!!
You crack me up! Although on this subject we are in complete agreement. Vermicelli has been the noodle of choice in the Schott household for over 10 years.
Post a Comment