Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Finally!

Mycal and I after the ceremony at the reception.
Mycal with his Granny Liz - She came all the way across the country to be there.

With Sgt.First Class Ziegelmann


With Major McVeigh



After almost two years in the program and lots of hard work Mycal commissioned last night. It was amazing. I can't even begin to describe everything I felt as I watched the ceremony and pinned the bar on his shoulder. I think that Mycal summed it up best when he said euphoric. That's really what it was. Beyond happy or glad or relieved or even giddy or excited. It is so wonderful to be on this new path in life. Of course we still have a huge journey ahead of us but it's nice to be finally be starting this journey. The ceremony was wonderful (as is to be expected - military ceremonies are always the best because they are so orderly and to the point). It was powerful to be there. Mycal had asked myself and his granny Liz to pin the new rank on. Major McVeigh, the professor of military science, led Mycal in taking the oath of office, and his mentor in the program Sergeant First Class Ziegelmann gave Mycal his first salute. The reception that followed was lovely. It was a great evening. It's even better waking up today and having so much of our lives be different.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrat-u-freakin'-lations! I know this has been a long and sometimes hard haul for ALL of you, and I am so glad that this particular section of life is 'over-ish' for you! Yay!