Thursday, December 4, 2008
To Grandma's House We Go
Because I haven't been feeling very well yesterday we asked Emmuska if she would like to stay at Grandma's house. (The answer is always yes - she loves Grandma's house). So we where getting her stuff together when Liberty walked over to Emmuska's big pink backpack that contains all the things she needs for a visit to Grandma's house and started pulling at it like she wanted it. Mycal looked at her and asked 'do you want to stay at Grandma's house too?' Liberty did her whole body nod (quick note - I love her whole body nod it's so fun to watch - it's like she wants to emphasize the fact that she is saying yes). So Mycal says 'well you have to get your own bag - that's Emmuska's bag'. Immediately Liberty left the backpack alone and found her jammies and diapers and started putting them in the diaper bag. Mycal and I were laughing so hard - obviously the girl really wanted to go. So we went up to Grandma's house with and open mind knowing that Liberty may or may not want to stay (she definitely knows her own mind... the rest of us can't figure it out but she knows it) She had been rather clingy while we had been there so I was pretty sure she was going to go back down with us. As I was getting ready to leave I looked at her and said 'I'm going now are you going with me or staying with Grandma?' She thought about it for a while before pushing herself down from my arms and walking over to Grandma. The only thing she could have done to make it more definite would have been to wave goodbye. So she stayed the night at her Grandma's last night (it's my own belief that she has wanted to do that for a while...) all night I was expecting a call to come and get her because she was ready to come home but we never got one. Mycal and I were both a little stunned as we drove back home. It was a little hard for us to believe that it would really work. But it seems to have turned out fine. My children continue to grow up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Haha- I hope you got a good nights sleep. :) I know Heavenly Father has a plan, but I really wish he'd clue me in on it.
A whole night to yourself. What did you guys do, I mean generically of course. Did you just sit around & mutter to yourselves & each other how quiet is was?
Post a Comment