Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Quote of the Day

I just saw that my quote of the day was by P.G.Wodehouse - "I know I was writing stories when I was five. I don't know what I did before that. Just loafed I suppose." and it made me happy. I absolutely love P.G. Wodehouse. He is one of my favorite authors of all time. He has a way of writing and using words that never ceases to amaze me. It's not just that he brings a smile to my face when I read his stories - he actually makes me laugh out loud. I think he is one of the most under appreciated authors of the 20th century. Anyhow I loved this quote. I'm always thinking of stories I want to write - mostly my own but they don't seem to get on paper often enough. I think that maybe I just loaf a little too much. Here's some motivations to write more of my stories down.

p.s. I found this quote by Wodehouse and I think he perfectly summed up why his literary status is what it is..."I go in for what is known in the trade as 'light writing' and those who do that – humorists they are sometimes called – are looked down upon by the intelligentsia and sneered at." Perhaps that is one of the reasons I enjoy his writing so much - he writes what he likes to write and the end result is completely enjoyable and unpretentious.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Stephanie, you're silly. I like you.