Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Where to Start...
Goodness me I can't believe how long it has been since I've posted. Yes...I fell of the face of the planet. Luckily I'm pretty good at getting out of a scrape so finding myself back in front of the computer with a couple of minutes to try and catch up did eventually happen. So now I'm faced with the ever intimidating question of where to start catching up. Christmas seems like the obvious place to begin. I had a fabulous Christmas. It was all about family, fun and even a little bit of service. In fact I'm a little giddy still from Christmas. It's not so much that I received fabulous gift (although I'm not going to lie...I did) It's just that I had a great chance to visit with so many people that mean so much to me. I got to spend a bit of time with my dear sister who was able to come from Washington as well as another who has come from Ceder City. My dog Autumn was able to come home and now after a year we get to keep her with us. My sister-in-law who has been away at school was able to visit for longer than usual and it was a lot of fun to spend so much more time with her. Another sister-in-law announced that she is getting married and her fiance is wonderful - I couldn't be happier for her. And yet another sister-in-law is having a baby in Feb. so we were able to through a shower for her - between that and her ever growing (and beautiful) belly I'm getting really excited for her little one to arrive. It just seems like I've really been blessed in family relationships right now - to get to know more people and the one I already knew a little better - and I love that. It's great for Mycal to have a job right now. It's just comforting to know that we have that security. Especially since that job includes great benefits like insurance (we are once again covered as of two days before Christmas...) I don't know if it's really Christmas that is bringing all this together - if it had happened in June it would be just as wonderful - but it seems like the cold weather helps keep us a little more together and strengthen our family bonds a little for the year to come. Whatever the reason or the time I'm feel extraordinarily blessed and grateful for all that I have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment