Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

What I did with my night off...

In response to a comment left - and I sure because people are generally curious what I do when I don't have kids (specifically one...) that keep me on my toes all night I've decided to tell you what we did that night the girls stayed at Grandma's house. We drove back to town and took care of errands - so nice without little voices asking for one thing or another. Then I finished up a Christmas project - which was also nice to do something without being interrupted countless times. It was a really surreal evening. I expected a phone call all night telling me Liberty was ready to come home...but it never came so I got ready for bed and was cuddling up, looking forward to 6 (maybe 8 ;) ) hours of uninterrupted sleep. Unfortunately three or four hours after I fell asleep I was wide awake unable to fall back asleep because I was feeling so sick. I had been sick the day before which was partially why we had sent the little ones to Grandma's house in the first place. I was awake for several hours before finally drifting back to sleep. The best thing was that I didn't have to drag myself out of bed minutes after finally falling asleep (which would have inevitably happened if the girls had been at home.) So it was nice to be able to rest in the morning which I think helped me kick the bug a little more quickly. There you have it - the first chance I had for a solid nights sleep since dear Liberty was born and I missed out because of the flu. ;)

1 comment:

SuZan said...

Liberty LOVED spending the night at Grandma's house. Grandma was very happy too.