Well I've done at least some of what I hoped to do. I spent pretty much all day making treats. Yum! What fun. I made Goldrush Brownies (a must for this time of year), Giada's Peppermint-Chocolate Sandwich Cookies ( http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/peppermint-chocolate-sandwich-cookies-recipe/index.html) as well as Alton's Chocolate Peppermint Pinwheel Cookies (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/chocolate-peppermint-pinwheel-cookies-recipe2/index.html). And I still have a ton of sugar cookie dough left over so I don't know what I will do with that. I'm sure at least some of it will be used to cut out and decorate with Emmuska and Liberty. As much as they have been trying to help me it's the least I could do for them. It's been so much fun. I'm reminded how much I love baking. Yeah there are frustrating moments but overall it's so satisfying. I still have a few things to finish up in the kitchen - then must finish a couple other projects for Christmas but I thought I'd share these pictures. Don't drool too much ;) just kidding the pictures don't do the cookies justice...that's really the next thing I need to work on - mastering food photography.
4 comments:
How fun! Those peppermint recipes look divine. I am going to have to try one.
Yum! Makes me wish you still lived down the street!
It look so good! I can't believe you didn't share.... :)
Incredible pictures. You really should get into scrapbooking. Your children sure are blessed to have such a GREAT mother.
Post a Comment