Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

and the winner is...

I am proclaiming the turkey Dieuwke and I made for dinner the winner for best Thanksgiving dish of 2008. Please - nobody else take this too hard as it was an incredibly tough (and biased) choice. Team Stohel Turkey '08 won for a couple of reasons...mainly because I have never had white meat I liked that much - especially when it came to leftovers. This turkey was still super moist after being reheated the next day for a sandwich (which ended up being so yummy that I just ate it straight). The truth is we watched Alton Brown's take on cooking turkey that landed us this super delicious bird. We even had to cut some corners and it still turned out great. This is by no means a slight to any other turkey I've ever had - the other turkey of the year was also fabulous - I'm just saying that I might try this for you guys this Christmas so you see what I mean. Anyhow here are some runner-ups.
F.B. Carmel Pumpkin Pie
D.S. Huge Tub O' Potatoes
D.K.S. Cranberry Dipping Sauce
E.B. Stuffing
If anybody feels I missed something awesome be sure to comment so I can add it - I have had so much good food in the past four days (pretty much I haven't stopped eating since my post last Wed. - now you know the truth) that my brain may not be functioning at full capacity. Leave a comment and I will add the fabulous dish to the list. Also would love to hear what others thought might have been the best dish of there Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Thanksgiving was SO delicious this year! (And I did love the potatoes but you should also add the gravy, that was good stuff)

I don't ever remember our leftovers going so fast though! I mean they are already all gone! Sadness enters my heart...