Upon hearing that I had never been to an air show that I could remember the matter was settled - for Mother's day we would be traveling to Branson for an air show. Despite the three+ hour drive to the Branson Airport (the last hour of which is another story in it's self...) the show was a lot of fun. Mycal had paid a little extra to get into a particular area which included beverages (no hauling in our own water!) as well as seating (ditto the water remark for chairs). It was worth the it! Not only did we not have to haul our weight in extra supplies to and from some remote spot on a field but we were right up front for the action. It was really nice - it also meant I got pictures I would never have been able to get from the general admission area. Throughout the post are some of my favorite pictures from the day.One of most enjoyable demonstrations was from the Army's Golden Knights - a PR parachute team that do a coordinated jump. While some things were not as much fun for the girls this was really enjoyable because they could see the parachutist coming down (almost right in front of them...) and there wasn't an excessive amount of noise accompanying this part of the show.

After the airshow we went out and visited some of the sponsoring displays (including NASA as seen by the bags) - grabbing this shot in front of a helicopter on display by the United States Marine Corps. By the end of the day we were all pretty tired (well except Liberty who managed to grab an hour and half nap on Mycal despite the noise of the planes...). One thing for sure is that sleep was generally sounder around the Brown house last night than it usually is.
3 comments:
Holy fun! Is it just me or are you doing something fun every weekend? Sheesh- oh and by the way, it was so odd for me to see Mycal in a striped polo--hold weird
What a great adventure!!! I am so happy to see that my granddaughters are being schooled properly in the fine art of military technology.
NO! I am NOT being sarcastic!
I love how many fun new things you guys are doing...it is so cool that you are embracing every opportunity to do something different while you can...I love it!
Post a Comment