Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Manly Necklace...

In an effort to limit the endless amount of paper that piles up around our little apartment the last time we were at the store I gave Emmuska the option of getting either a coloring book or beads. She was very excited about the beads especially since they were a lovely mix of pink and purple. We got some string (also pink...) and have been making necklaces ever since. Emmuska is intent on making one for everybody (she gave one to the little boy who came with his mom to visit me, who was very excited about it...) so I wasn't too surprised when the other day she brought one up to Mycal and asked how he liked it because when she was done it was going to be his. Mycal told her that it was lovely but that he couldn't were it because it was a pretty necklace and he could only wear manly necklaces. Emmuska assured him that it was pretty AND manly and that he could wear it. Mycal told her that pink necklaces were not manly. This conversation went back and forth for a little while each reiterating their respective points. All the time I was sitting on the side laughing the entire time. Finally Emmuska said "Okay I will go make you a different necklace." Mycal asked what kind it would be and she said 'Pink, don't worry it will be pretty and manly.'

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hey, when it's manly it's not pink- it's salmon. :D

SuZan said...

I can just hear the conversation between Emmuska and Mycal. Just thinking about it has me in stitches. There is NO arguing with either of them. Emmuska certainly inherited the logical thinking gene from her parents which gave her a double dose so of course she is always right.

Anonymous said...

How did that turn out? Does Mycal wear his pink, pretty AND manly necklace? I love the way you describe things; I can totally picture the whole scenario through your skillful re-telling.