Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

Comments are like Dessert

And I'm beginning to think that maybe it's time for me to rethink that philosophy. Honestly it's the truth - for me at least to the point that here is what I do...

When I get on the computer I take care of all other internet concerns first - checking email, checking in with the designer whose creative team I'm on, taking care of online business etc. After I've taken care of everything I need to do online I head over to Blogger and login to my account. Once I'm logged in and looking at the screen wherein I manage my blog I scroll down to see if there are any new posts on the blogs that I follow. (All but one are family and friend blogs - I love to see how people are doing even though so distant. If you read my blog and have one that you wouldn't mind letting me follow let me know so I can start reading yours too!) I will then go through and read other peoples posts, which is like a dessert appetizer for me - it gets me ready for my favorite part of internet time. (Those whose posts I read please don't be offended reading your posts is my second favorite part of internet time.)

After reading others posts I will go in and read any comments left on my blog since I was last on or since I last posted. I love getting the feedback or thoughts of those who read about my day to day life. I just love the small connection formed over a few sentences. Most times they make me smile, sometimes I sigh (I'll admit that I'm hopelessly pathetic) other times I honestly burst out laughing. Lately I've enjoyed some extra variety in the comments and it's really nice as it has shown me readers I didn't even realize I had. Cue warm and fuzzy feelings all around my heart...seriously though it's just nice to know that even though I don't have time to call and talk to everybody that in some small way we are still communicating.

Anyhow I'm beginning to wonder if I should rethink this because sometimes there are comments on my blog that require me to go back to the commentator's blog to comment back. So I'm beginning to think that maybe I should be reading comments first then other peoples' posts, so I can streamline my comments. As much as I know I should do it I don't think that I will. I just love savoring comments too much. Thanks to all those who continue to indulge my favorite Internet joy.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Comment! Comment Comment Comment!!! :) LOVE YOU! And love to comment. Keep checking it last Steph, it's your special treat to yourself

Pam said...

Just think, it's probably the safest dessert in the world. It doesn't head to your hips ;)

Amy said...

I TOTALLY check my comments first and then read the blogs that I follow. I just can't delay the reading of comments if I know they are there! But you have discipline and I salute you! Don't change a thing.

SuZan said...

At least you get comments!!!! The only comment I received lately was someone smartly reminding me that I actually have a blog that is bereft of commentary.

Anonymous said...

I must admit, once Bonnie told me how much comments meant to you (sometime back in January, she explained the look she observed on your face when you read comments) I have really tried hard to comment on every one! My only problem is that because I am hardly ever on blogger, I get 'caught up' and leave a whole ton all at once (kind of like today) and then it is awhile before I comment again...but let me say that I also love getting those comments; they are actually the best parts about my silly blogs!