Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Short Stories
or at least as short as I am able to make them...(I've noticed lately that I've gotten into the habit of being horribly verbose in my posts so I will try to keep these short.) Here are a couple of fun tidbits I found on my point and shoot while clearing it off today...just can't help but saying that life with my girls are pretty much non stop off the wall moments - you just never know what will happen next.
For example we have Emmuska who picked some weeds while out on a walk. She wanted to make sure they 'were happy and lived a long time...' so she 'got them a drink of water'. She was awfully proud of the whole operation - spending at least an hour in the bathroom filling various tea items with water for her too precious plants. The best part was when one of them fell into the bottom of the much too large teapot. She came rushing out to me afraid that it was lost and drowning. I fished it out for her and all was well in the world again.
And of course Liberty was not content until she had her own plant to take care of. She did make the mistake of picking one of Emmuksa's to take under her wing which didn't go over so well. Thankfully wonder-mom stepped in, securing a plant all her own for Liberty and restoring peace and order to our household universe.
I've been letting Emmuska experiment with my point and shoot a little. I love seeing her perspective - it's always so unique. Here she is taking a picture of 'little guy' who she diligently watches over whenever her daddy isn't around to do it. I cannot do anything to rough to my tummy and Liberty has to be careful how she climbs onto or sits on my lap because we 'don't want to hurt little guy!'. She has informed me that she is going to have a little brother, he will be a handsome boy and she will call him Taco. I told her she can if she wants to but the rest of us will call him something else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Not sure that your posts could be any more hilarious, Steph! You may feel like they get too long, but it ALWAYS makes me laugh to hear about what new things your girls (mostly Emmuska) are saying! I always pass it on to Jake, because they are just as funny to tell later! So, thanks for the posts!
Yeah I have to say I don't think you really have a problem waxing too verbose! I love hearing your stories! Your family- most especially your girls- are so funny!
I live for the stories. I want MORE. I want MORE VERBOSE! I want . . .
Hopefully Emmuska will be come a professional photographer too. She certainly nailed the shot of 'little guy'.
I love it...I think you should go with Taco!!! lol! at least for a nickname.
Sorry I am so late getting on the band wagon, but that was quite enjoyable. I miss you guys and all these little moments so much.
As to riding cats you should read Emmuska the last of the prydain chronicles (well technically 3 and 5) with Fflewder Fflam and Lyon.
Post a Comment